Bristol Hebrew Congregation 9 Park Row Bristol
The third location - originally in a house on Temple St founded in 1743, moved to former Weavers' hall also in Temple St from 1786. It was splendidly fitted out, largely at the expense of Lazarus Jacobs, the famous maker of Bristol Blue glass.
In 1842 the community consecrated a new synagogue in the former Quaker’s Chapel close to Temple Street. The widening of that road necessitated a further move, in 1871, to the present building.
The building faces the site of the ancient Israelite Temple in Jerusalem.